Stone Soup published my recipe a few months back but I realized that I never shared it with you all on the blog! It combines two of my favorite things...chocolate AND quinoa.
As you know I prefer simple recipes that yield delightful results and this is definitely one of those recipes. Feel free to make modifications and make it your own. Either way I am sure you will be happy with the product.
Makes 5 cups
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup dried cherries
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tablespoons 100% maple syrup (add one more tbsp if your mixture seems dry)
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (added after baking)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl. In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients. Slowly pour the wet ingredients (while stirring) over the dry ingredients until everything is evenly covered and combined.
3. Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet covered with a piece of parchment paper. Put the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes (check at 15 minutes to make sure the granola is browning evenly on the sheet).
4. With oven mitts, remove the baking sheet from the oven. Evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips over the cooling granola. Let the pan cool on a heat resistant surface. Once cooled, pick up the edges of the parchment paper and the granola will break into oat clusters.